Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hillary, a Day Late

Yesterday, when asked whether she agreed with General Pace's remark that homosexuality was immoral, Hillary Clinton replied "Well I'm going to leave that to others to conclude,"

That didn't go over so well in some places.

Today she kinda, sorta, issued a clarification by saying she should have followed the example of a Republican Senator who immediately said he strongly disagreed with the General's statement.
"I have heard from many of my friends in the gay community that my response yesterday to a question about homosexuality being immoral sounded evasive. My intention was to focus the conversation on the failed don't ask, don’t tell policy. I should have echoed my colleague Senator John Warner's statement forcefully stating that homosexuality is not immoral because that is what I believe."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home