Friday, September 17, 2004

Phil Parlock, Serial GOP Victim

For the third straight election, Phil Parlock has received national coverage for being assaulted at a Democratic rally. The latest incident received much coverage on Drudge and other places because of this picture of a crying little girl (awwww, isn't that sad?).

The problem is Mr. Parlock claims similar things happened in in 2000 at a Gore rally, and in 1996 at a pro-Clinton rally!! Additionally, Truthout has a mention about how Mr. Parlock was a local GOP headquarters, watching the RNC in New York, when someone reportedly fired a gun at the building. The coincidence of having Mister Parlock present (with reporters at the ready) at all these events has many people scratching their heads today.

Additionally, there's now speculation that this photograph of Mr. Parlock and his family actually shows that the "union member" who made the little girl cry is actually Parlock's son! I'm not sure if I'm ready to jump onto that particular bandwagon, but there's definitely a similarity. I hope this story in general (and photo in particular) gets the same scrutiny as the documents used by CBS recently.

UPDATE: According to Media Matters coverage of this story, in an interview with radio host Glenn Beck, when asked about his history of using children to hold anti-Democrat signs at pro-Democrat rallys, Mr Parlock had this to say:

PARLOCK: Glenn, look, I work on -- I, I, I said this before, I shouldn't tell my secrets, but -- I work on a subliminal level; I don't go after the press. The press is easy. Working on people to change their minds is harder.

So jacking the press is easy. Mr. Parlock and his clan want to work the people at a subliminal level. So far, so good. I'm feeling sleepy already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home