Thursday, July 28, 2005

Minamyer Disses Vet, Loses

The folks at Kos are onto an attempt by Navy Captain Eric Minamyer to question the combat service of Paul Hackett, the first Iraqi vet to run for Congress.

On July 24, 2005 Eric Minamyer wrote this:
I understand that Hackett did not participate in combat at all. It is still dangerous over there as I can personally attest. Let's just not act as though we led marines in combat if we did not, okay.

Today we find out he was wrong:
I therefore correct my earlier incorrect opinion that he was not in combat, which was based solely on a lack of a reply.

Got that? It's Mr. Hackett's fault that Mr. Minamyer made a false assertion. Now Mr. Minamyer is claiming "Asking questions is not smearing anyone," but I don't see a question in his remarks about Mr. Hackett's combat experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home