Sunday, April 17, 2005

Isn't Life Short Enough?

Am I the only one who sees unexpected irony in the U.S. Navy's Life Accelerator? I mean, it seems like they might be saying "We'll make your life go by faster". Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want life abbreviated. I'm looking for the life extender, but I don't think that's what they are offering.

Now, if they mean more memorable, visit the Grand Canyon. If they mean more exciting, well that's why there's bungee jumping. If they mean more meaningful, I'd suggest volunteering. If they mean more beneficial to the community, there's always the local fire department.

Several relatives of mine had notable careers in the Navy and I am very proud of them. It is a worthwhile endeavor for those who are so inclined. We are indebted to thousands of men and women in all branches of the military. But please, let's not make this a game.

How about this: Join the Navy and risk your life. Your choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home